University of Sheffield Photo Soc

Amazon anyone?

Dear Sir / Madam,

This email be of interest to both your photography, biology and environmental science departments, please can you forward it on to them.

I’m writing from a new wildlife photography workshop which will run this summer in the Peruvian Amazon.

We’re running three workshops, under the guidance of professional wildlife photographer Elliott Neep (www.enwp.co.uk) which will each take 12 students (10 paying and 2 free Peruvian scholarships) into the Amazon for 12 days to learn about photography, work alongside research teams (focusing on birds/ mammals/reptiles/ insects etc) and produce a mini portfolio. It’s a fantastic and unique project and members will get opportunities they could otherwise only dream of, such as photographing wild birds close up after they’ve been caught in mist nets used by the research teams.

The workshop is non profit and the proceeds go towards funding the workshops parent company, Fauna Forever Tambopata (also non profit), which takes young biologists into the rainforest and teaches them vital fieldwork skills. Due to the not for profit nature of the course, and the fact we want to make it accessible to all (particularly students), the course price is very low at just £800 inclusive of meals, tuition, accommodation and local transport (excluding flights and insurance).

I was wondering whether you could inform your students of our workshops? I have attached a poster, if you could print this out and place it on a noticeboard or forward it by email to your students it would be most appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read my email, I hope that our workshops will be of interest to some of your students.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Jonathan Lewis
Workshop Manager
FotoForever
www.fotoforever.org

Poster