Oct 6, 2014
This weeks meeting is on Thursday the 9th of October at 7pm in Arts tower lecture theater 8. We will be starting at 7:15 this week because we are splitting the meeting into 2 sections; From 7:15 to 7:45 there is the beginners photography session part 1 (part two will be at the beginning of the next meeting), which will explain the basics to you. If you feel you do not need or want to attend the beginners session just come along at 7:50 for the rest of the meeting. In between the sessions (and throughout) there will an opportunity for tea and biscuits, so remember to bring a mug! The rest of the meeting will consist of a quick intro about the darkroom facilities and training opportunities and then the PHOTO DUELLING will commence! You’ve probably never heard of this before and there is no link I can give to show you an example of it, because basically, we’ve made it up. But it promises to be a fun and photography filled night.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a camera (although a phone camera will do) as we have some you can borrow and I’m sure you could always share with another lovely photocat.
You will also be able to purchase membership throughout the meeting.
Second announcement is regarding the trip to the Ladybower reservoir in the peak district on Sunday the 12th of October. Here is the plan:
- Meet at Sheffield interchange stand D6 at 10:15am for the 244 bus leaving at 10:25
- If you do not know where the Sheffield Interchange is, there will be someone at the Students Union doors at 9:45 (leaving at 9:55) to walk down with you.
- Arrive at the Yorkshire bridge Inn bus stop at 10:56am
- Walk down to and around the reservoirs taking photos like this
- Walk back to bus stop and have a drink/snack at Yorkshire Bridge Inn
- Get the last bus back at 5:10pm
- The bus fare is £3.80 for the journey there and back. Or there is a group ticket (5 people) for £15.
Hope to see you at both events,
Here’s a photo of some essential equipment that every photographer needs