Feb 20, 2013
Herein lie the long awaited guidelines for submitting your photos to the exhibition!
- Firstly all printing, mounting and framing must be submitted by next Thursday the 28th of Feburary.
- There is no minimum or maximum size for your submission
- Each member may submit up to 4 pieces
- You do not have to frame your submission(s), but they must be mounted.
- Clip frames are not allowed as these are awkward and look messy (example of what a clip frame is)
- When submitting, please supply us with your name, the title of the piece, and the date. This is so we can make some labels up and credit your work.
- Print photo at Peak Imaging
- Buy some black or white card (ivory shade of white is my personal preference, but consider black for effect too)
- Get some spray glue (Photo Soc has some, but you can buy both card and glue from Staples (directions from the IC here). You can also get glue from WHSmith in the town centre, but not from Wilkinsons as they don’t stock it.
- DO NOT GET STAPLES TO MOUNT IT FOR YOU BECAUSE THEY ARE RUBBISH.
- Use a ruler to cut your card with a scalpel/other cutting device it to leave an inch or so around the outside of your photo (that’s about 2.5 to 3cm if you’re metric, but use what you think looks best).
- Consider using pencil guidelines to help you stick the print straight.
- Cover surfaces, maybe open a window to ventilate (I learned the hard way)
- Spray glue all over the back of the print. Wait about 10-15 seconds until the glue becomes tacky.
- Stick carefully.
- If you mess it up, act quickly, peel it off and stick it down again. (If it’s seriously bad, cut round the print so no mount is showing and stick it on another bit of card, no one will know)
You may supply a price for your submission if you want viewers to be able to buy your piece. However, keep in mind that in the event of a sale Bank Street Arts will take a 25% commission from this.
Here is a link to the exhibition flyer if you would like to share it with your friends. (I will also post the image in the Photo Soc group for Facebook use)
I think that just about covers it. If you have any questions email the Photosoc account at firstname.lastname@example.org or post on the group and I will answer your call!