Mar 4, 2011
If you went along to the PhotoSoc meeting yesterday evening, then you might be feeling inspired by our speaker Dave Butcher’s fantastic black and white landscape pictures. To follow on from his talk, here are some handy links:
- An introduction to black and white landscape photography, and some quick tips.
- If, like Dave Butcher, you prefer to shoot film, here’s a useful guide to the effects of different coloured filters.
- During his lecture, you may have heard Mr Butcher mention Ansel Adams, the most famous black and white landscape photographer of them all. If you’re not familiar with Adams’ work, be sure to check out this online collection of his photographs.
- Of course, we mustn’t forget Dave Butcher’s own website, for those of you who couldn’t make it to the meeting or would like to view (or purchase) his artwork at your leisure.
- Finally, if you’re in need of any more inspiration, here’s a great gallery of black and white landscape photographs to get your creative juices flowing.