Mar 3, 2011
Check out this competition from USport!
We’re looking for the best sport photographs from Club Sport, Intra Mural, Varsity, Community and recreational sport and fitness.
Whether you’re a budding photographer, sports enthusiast or just someone who likes taking action snap shots, there’s some great prizes to be won in Amazon vouchers, 1st prize £50, 2nd prize £30 , 3rd prize £15.
Entries will be used in our inaugural Sport at Sheffield DVD showing off what’s great about our institution and to celebrate another year of Sport at the University of Sheffield 2010/11.
From close-ups to sweeping panoramic match views, we want to showcase the diversity of sport through photography and capture “a year in sport”.
The competition is open to all students and staff.
Deadline for entries: May 30th 2011.
How to enter: Please send all photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org in – jpg, .bmp, .png, .gif, .tiff. Along with your name, title of the picture, the date and event/venue the photo was taken.
Maximum of 10 entries per person.
Terms and conditions apply: See full post
Terms of entry:
1) Entries must be photographs representing sport, movement or exercise at the University of Sheffield.
2) Entries must be the entrants own work.
3) Competition is open to all (+18 over)
4) Entries will be judged on techniques used, composition, creativity, action, atmosphere and strong links to sport, movement or exercise.
5) Maximum entries per person is 10.
6) Entries may use image manipulation programs and techniques as long as no artefacts are present that were not present in the original photograph.
7) Entries must be submitted in one of the following digital formats: .jpg, .bmp, .png, .gif, .tiff.
8) Entries may be submitted in the .zip format (compressed) if desired.
9) Entries must be at least 600 pixels along the shortest dimension.
10) Entries may be submitted by email to email@example.com quoting the picture title along with your name and contact details. Entries failing to provide this information may not be acknowledged and accredited.
11) Entrants accept that U Sport may use submissions for display or promotional purposes.
12) U Sport will not disclose any information about any entry or entrant. Entries may not be used or submitted to any other party without the prior written permission of U Sport.
13) Any wish for a submission not to be used by U Sport must be clearly stated on entry into the competition.
14) Entries remain copyright and property of the entrant under conditions stated above.
15) U Sport accepts no loss or liabilities that may be caused by entering this competition.
16) Entries not meeting all the specifications may not be eligible for the competition.
17) Prizes will be taken as advertised. Prizes are non-exchangeable for other items or cash.
18) Judges decision is final. Entrants revoking the decision may not have future entries considered.
19) U Sport reserves the right to amend or remove any part of this competition without notice.
20) Deadline for entries: May 30th 2011
21) It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any other laws.
22) By entering this competition, entrants accept all terms stated above.