Apr 12, 2010
We’ve got just a couple of things to tell you about for this week.
Firstly, the deadline for the Easter competition “The Traveller” is this Wednesday at 12 noon, so make sure you get your entries in for then! Prizes include a fantastic hardback copy of Travel Photographer of the Year!
Secondly, this Thursday (7pm in Satpal Ram) is PhotoSoc’s Annual General Meeting where we vote in the next committee. The positions are as follows:
1. President: First port of call, overseer, look for any cracks, activities forum
2. Secretary: Emails, taking minutes at meetings, chairing meetings etc
3. Treasurer: Money, sorting out hoodies/mugs, budgets for equipment/events etc
4. Inclusion Officer: Mentor Organiser, ensure individual activities as well as help link members with other members of different levels of ability and breaking language barriers
5. Social Sec & Trips Organiser: Organise socials and trips
6. Publicity and Webmaster: Produce flyers, posters, advertising in union and to students, look after website and some emails
7. Events Officer: Look after job/ball requests and assignments
8. Darkroom & Equipment Officer: Look after darkroom and manage borrowing of equipment
9. Artistic Director: Design posters, portfolio for exhibitors
If you would like to stand for any of these positions, all you need to do is tell the society very briefly why you think you’ll be good in the role. If you can’t make the meeting on Thursday, just send us an email with about 100 words instead which we’ll read out on Thursday so you’ll still have a chance of being voted in.
Tea and biscuits will be provided (with beer and free curry in Interval afterwards!) – so bring a mug if you can.
The deadline for registering your interest in the Five Walls exhibition has been extended to Wednesday 21st April, and we’ll go through the details for it on Thursday at the meeting.
A final reminder about our mini exhibition at the No Limits Film Festival this weekend. If you already have a few prints ready and would like to show them in the Union, please bring them to the meeting this week. You will get them back after the festival!
We’re looking forward to seeing you all at the AGM on Thursday!
Love PhotoSoc xx